For tanning and sunburn - DIY Natural Sunscreen with SPF 40 without zinc oxide -- Rabia Skincare
2 Simple Homemade Sunscreens To Protect Your Hair
You need sunscreen. Whether the sun is out or not.
We have heard this many a times. It also holds true for your hair. Your hair exposed to the same amount of the radiation and heat. It is also just as delicate as your skin.
Why Your Hair Needs A Sunscreen?
Sun exposure makes your hair dull, lifeless and weak due to the harmful UV rays. It also sucks out all the moisture from your scalp, resulting in sweat, dryness and split ends.
Why Create A Sunscreen For Your Hair At Home?
There are surely many branded sunscreens available in the market these days. They come in different forms, like sprays and gels and even as leave in lotions. But these branded sunscreens are quite expensive, and also contain ingredients that may not suit everyone. Using a few essential oils, you can easily create a sunscreen for your hair at home. This will act as a natural sun protector and shield your hair from the damaging effects of the sun.
The best part is that as the ingredients used are natural, they will cause no side effects and will be good for all hair types.
Sunscreen For Hair And Scalp: Refreshing Sunscreen Hair Spray
1. Grape Seed And Rose Water Hair Sunscreen
- Add a few drops of pure grape seed essential oil in 200 ml of rose water
- Next, store it in an old hair spray bottle.
- Shake it well and store it in your refrigerator.
- Use this as your sunscreen hair spray before you step out in the sun every day.
How this Helps
This hair sunscreen has enormous hair benefits.
- It helps in soothing the hair and improving its texture
- The grape seed oil acts as a shield against sun damage. It has been used in many sunscreen cosmetics
- The rose water in the sunscreen will add a natural flowery fragrance to your hair and keep it refreshed, especially in the summer heat.
2. Red Raspberry Sunscreen Serum
- Take a spoon full of jojoba oil and mix two drops of red raspberry seed oil to it.
- Add this serum into your regular hair gel
- Alternatively, you can also mix it with a few drops of cold water.
- Blend the mixture well and apply this serum on your damp or dry hair 30 minutes before stepping out.
How This Helps?
This hair serum can be applied in a less quantity to avoid the oily look, yet keep the hair protected.
- Coating your hair with this natural serum protects the hair follicles and scalp from the damaging sun rays.
- Studies have been conducted to prove that red raspberry seed oil contains natural sunscreen ingredients of SPF 28 to 50.
- Jojoba oil strengthens weak hair and eliminates split ends caused by excessive sun exposure.
Tips To Remember To Keep Your Hair Damage Free In The Sun
- Along with the sunscreen, don’t forget to wear a cap. This will prevent your hair and scalp from direct exposure to the sun and will minimize sun damage.
- Along with the above homemade hair sunscreen recipes, you can also use your leave in conditioner. Choose one that has UV protection in it as this will also help protect your hair from sun damage.
- Wash your hair and scalp with cold water thrice a week to calm down the sun burned scalp. This will keep the grime away and keep your hair fresh and sweat free.
In short, sunscreen for your hair is extremely important as it protects from sun damage. The essential oils in the homemade sunscreens will also help add natural nourishment to your hair.
Start pampering your tresses with the above natural sunscreen recipes right away! Don’t forget to tell us which one of the two you picked.
Video: All Natural Sunscreen Alternatives To Protect Your Skin
Slow-Cooker Monday: Kheer
How to Enjoy Your Birthday at School
Famous vintage engagement rings
How to Buy Clothes While Traveling
My Secret Heroin Addiction Started When I Was 13 Years Old
How to Choose a Child Therapist
How to Remove a Flash Drive from a Windows 10 Computer