I’ve been spending a ton of money dying my hair at the hair salon lately, so I decided to dye my own hair this time since I haven’t done so in a long time.
I choose to use L’Oréal Superior Preference in 8 1/2A Champagne Blonde (Cooler). I got it for about from my local drug store.
I’ve always been a fan of ash colored hair. I HATE BRASSY HAIR. The problem with lightening black hair is that it will always have a brassy color. To avoid having brassy hair, you need to look for a hair dye product that either says “ash” or “cool.”
I picked L’Oréal’s Champagne Blonde color. When trying to lighten hair color using dye instead of bleach, it’s best to get a lighter color than you are going for. Most likely, your hair will not come out the same color as the box if you naturally have black or dark brown hair.
Another good thing to do when picking a hair color is that you should look at the shade guide. Often times for the blonde hair dyes, the before hair color is already blonde! So it is good to look for a box that has a before color that is slightly darker.
In my case, the champagne blonde box shows a “light brown” as a before photo. I actually consider their labeled “light brown” hair color to be medium-dark brown. So you can safely assume that if your hair is even darker than the color shown, your results will also be slightly darker.
Inside of the box, you get the usual: Instructions, pair of gloves, color optimizing creme, color gel, and color & shine conditioner.
My Hair Before Dying: Black virgin roots, parts of my hair is dyed brown or bleached, and I also have lots of blonde streaks. I have hair that goes down to my hip and my hair is super thin. The bottom part of my hair is a little damaged. Before dying my hair, I cut and trimmed my own hair. In addition, I did not wash my hair two days before dying it.
Note: Since I have so little hair, I only need one hair dye box, if you have thicker hair that’s long, you’ll probably need two boxes.
How I Dyed My Hair In 12 Easy Steps:
- Wear a shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty (button up or something that you can easily take off is preferred, or you can be like me and do it topless).
- Take a plastic shopping bag and rip it in a way so that you can tie it around your neck like a cape. If you get it right, you can actually stick your arms through the handles and literally wear the bag too.
- Make sure that the area you are dying your hair at is protected incase you drip or make a mess. Keep some paper towels at hand incase.
- Comb and untangle your hair and use a clip to pin up at least 1/3 of your hair. The only hair that is down should be the hairs around your neckline.
- Put on your gloves and follow the instructions on how to mix the color optimizing creme and color gel together.
- If you have a bowl and brush for hair dying, use it. If not, use the squeeze bottle that the box comes with along with a comb.
- Start by dying the parts of your hair that is down. Always dye from the tips up. I like to put all of my un-dyed hair in the back and move it infront once it has been covered with hair dye. Do small portions of your hair at a time so that you can make sure that each part is entirely covered with dye.
- Once you have completely covered all of your hair that is down, unclip your hair and drop another layer of hair and again clip up the rest of your hair. You will repeat this process until you are finished.
- When all of your hair is entirely covered, you can continue to place all of the remaining hair dye into your hair. Eventually work your hair into a lather.
- Now you can clip your hair and take the plastic bag that was wrapped around your neck and wrap it around your hair instead so that it is almost air tight.
- Wait 50 minutes before rinsing out the hair dye. While waiting, blow dry the plastic bag with your hair in it at medium heat.
- After the time is up, simply rinse out the dye until the water runs clear. Do not use shampoo, but skip to the provided conditioner. Your hair will feel healthier than before you dyed it and you will love the color if you did it correctly!
I have to say, I was scared to see the results of my hair dying, but I love it!!! Photos do not do enough justice for it. I must say that I am planning on dying my own hair from now on and this is the color that I am planning on using from now on. I have achieved the best ash color from this hair dye out of all the different at home boxes that I have tried in the past.
I am planning out testing out a toner soon, hopefully you will see a blog post on that too!
L’Oréal Superior Preference Champagne Blonde Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- My new go to color for hair dying at home
- Beautiful ash color, it’s really ash!!!
- Very easy to do by yourself, you don’t even need a friend to help
- My hair feels healthier than it was before I dyed my hair
- This color is very flattering
- This product cost me only in stores, compared to paying about + tip at a hair salon
- I can do touch ups whenever I want
- If you want to see some real life photos of me with my new hair color, look at my Lakers blog post
Дизайн спальни обои фото 2018
Ballerina dresses for women at prom 2018
Emerald engagement rings rose gold 2018
Silk wedding dresses ball gown 2018
Prom dress with cap sleeves 2018
Four different looks in the morning 2018
Engagement gold rings 2018
Snoop dogg hair 2018