Click Icon to Expand Table of Contents
What is the best adjustable bed of 2018?
“Our best adjustable bed for 2018 is the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 bed. Others that take the top spots are Leggett & Platt S-Cape 2.0, Reverie 9T, Reverie 8Q, Glideaway Elevation and iDealBed 4i Custom adjustable bed. These adjustable electric beds were rated at the top because they are equipped with luxury specs like (i) pillow tilting, (ii) wall hugging, (iii) lumbar support, (iv) high-quality massage, (v) programmable memory positions and (vi) elevation lift position. Detailed reviews of each of our 10 best adjustable beds have been provided below”
Best Adjustable Beds# Model
USB Ports1 Head, Foot and Pillow
82 Head, Foot and Pillow
13 Head and Foot only
14 Head and Foot only
86 Head and Foot only
27 Head and Foot only
48 Head and Foot only
29 Head and Foot only
None10 Head and Foot only
What are the major differences between our best adjustable beds and average beds?
How do you separate the wheat from the chaff? Or in this specific case, how do you identify the best of the best electric beds from the rest? We encourage you to follow the following table to decide if a particular model belongs to the ‘best’ category or not.
Best Adjustable Beds
Other Adjustable Beds1) …have Pillow Tilting …have no Pillow Tilting 2) …are Wall Huggers … are non-Wall Huggers 3) … have Customizable Memory Positions … have Non-customizable Memory Positions 4) … have deck-on-deck designs … have single-deck designs 5) … have high-quality massage motors … have low-quality vibrators
Adjustable Bed Reviews
Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 Review
This is our #1 recommended best adjustable bed for the reasons explained below.
Why does the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 get our highest recommendation?
Because it has the following high-end specs… and more…
- Pillow tilting:Today’s best adjustable beds are equipped with pillow tilting in addition to head and foot tilting
Most adjustable beds have only head tilting and foot tilting. But the best of the best adjustable beds like the have an additional level of adjustment known as pillow tilting. Pillow tilting ensures that your head and neck are adequately supported by the adjustable frame. This is especially useful when you are watching TV, reading a book, having breakfast-in-bed, checking out President Trump on your new iPad/laptop etc. in the ‘sit-up’ position.. It is our #2 recommended adjustable base in the high-end list.
Programmable/customizable memory positions: ‘ordinary’ adjustable bases have factory preset memory positions that are often not customizable according to your personal needs. In contrast, high-end adjustable frames like the Prodigy adjustable bed comes with programmable memory positions. This basically allows you to adjust your bed to your favorite custom ‘book reading’, ‘laptop using’, ‘lounging’ position etc. and to store that position in the remote’s memory. Once you’ve stored your favorite positions, you can recall that favorite position with the press of a single button (instead of pressing “up” and “down” buttons a hundred times, until you find that perfect spot).
- Wall hugging: On some of the basic models of adjustable bases, when the ‘head’ is raised, your whole upper body moves forward, away from the wall/headboard. This motion also brings you away from your nightstand. So, if you had a book or TV remote on the nightstand, now you’re going to have to reach backwards to grab them. This is not very convenient. This uncomfortable movement can also cause some back problems, and you don’t want that. We strongly urge you to stay away from electric beds that are not ‘wall hugger’ models. The L&P Prodigy 2.0 is a wall hugger model that will save your back! A picture is worth a thousand words. See below…
Adjustable beds with and without wall hugging
- Full body massage: we’ll be the first to admit that the quality of massage you get from these adjustable beds is nowhere near what you get from your professional masseur. But, hey, if you can’t afford a masseur on a daily basis, this head-to-toe bed massage will do wonders to relax you down after a hectic day’s work. The Prodigy 2.0 offers Dual, full-body massage. In other words, there are two separate ‘massage motors’ for upper and lower body therapeutic massage. In addition to ‘regular’ massage, it also comes with Wave action to relax those tired muscles from head to toe. You also have the option of 3 speeds (low, medium, high) for your therapeutic massage.
- USB ports: one may think it’s silly to have USB ports on an adjustable bed. But, if you use ‘smart’ devices on a daily basis (smartphone, tablet computer/iPad, MP3 player/iPod, Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headphones etc.) that can be charged using USB ports, these can be really handy. The Prodigy 2.0 is the king when it comes to built-in USB ports. It has EIGHT USB ports in total (four on each side). That’s almost overkill; hey but you’ve certainly got nothing to lose with a few extra USB ports!
- Two factory-preset memory positions: one-touch flat button and anti-snore position
- Lift capacity: has an industry-leading lift capacity of 850 pounds
- Miscellaneous specs of the Prodigy 2.0:
Alarm clock (bed would vibrate without disturbing your partner bedroom on split-king models)
Sleep timer (bed would automagically adjust itself to the ‘flat’ position from ‘TV watching position’ – once you fall asleep -)
- Under-bed lighting
Illuminated/backlit remote controller
‘Whisper’ quiet motors
High safety standards
- Adjustable leg height: 6 – 8 inches
Free fall during power outages
Microhook retention system: instead of the messy mattress retaining bars. The 2017-2018 series of Leggett & Platt adjustable beds have done away with the mattress retainer bars because they get in the way when you’re making the bed. These L&P beds have a microhook retention system that ‘sticks’ to the mattress. This way, even without the retainer bars, the mattress won’t slide down when the head is raised.
- Smart bed: the bed can be adjusted using apps on your Android/Apple phone
You really couldn’t ask for a better adjustable bed than the feature-rich Leggett & Prodigy 2.0. Don’t forget to read our detailed review on the that looks at 25 Pros and Cons of this adjustable bed.
It is available with a OR depending on your preference.
Reverie 8Q Adjustable Bed
The is our #2 recommended adjustable bed frame. It ranks right behind the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0. The Reverie 8Q foundation has the following major specs.
- Pillow tilting (in addition to head and foot tilting)
- 4 customizable memory positions
- 10-speed dual body therapeutic massage
- Wall-hugging. However, the image below will show you that the Reverie 8Q’s wall hugging is NOT as good as that of the Prodigy 2.0
- Three factory-preset memory positions: anti-snore, zero gravity and one-touch flat
- 4 mattress retainer bars: before Leggett & Platt introduced the Microhook retention system, all adjustable beds had mattress retaining bars. Most of them had just one at the foot of the bed to prevent the mattress from sliding down when the head is raised. But, Reverie beds always had 4 retainer bars at the 4 corners which kept the mattress in place very well. However, this also means that you’ll have to work around them when making the bed (to work the fitted sheets under and through them) and that can be irritating sometimes!
- Smart bed: there are custom Reverie smartphone apps that you can use to play with the bed
- Alarm clock and sleep timer thanks to smartphone apps
- 1 USB port on the remote stand
- 1 A/C outlet on the remote stand
- Under-bed lighting
- 3 – 8 inch height-adjustable steel legs
- Backlit remote controller: nowadays, a standard feature with best electric beds
If you’re unsure about whether to pick the Prodigy 2.0 or the Reverie 8Q, read our
Reverie 9T Adjustable Base
The Reverie 9T is one of the sleekest and most aesthetically pleasing adjustable beds of 2018. It has plenty of great features; the one negative point that kept it from being our #1 rated best adjustable frame is its lack of pillow tilting.
Here are the major Pros of the Reverie 9T foundation:
- Looks – to me, it’s the best looking adjustable bed of modern times. The deck-on-deck design and its furniture-style, curved bottom deck does the trick for me.
- Lumbar support
- FIVE memory positions – 2 customizable + 3 pre-set positions
- Wall hugger
- 3D massage feature
- Beautiful wireless remote with digital guage
- Under-bed night light
Here are the major CONS of the Reverie 9T foundation:
- Lack of pillow tilting
- Expensive price tag
We have a detailed review of the Reverie 9T elsewhere. Please refer to it if you’re seriously interested in purchasing a Reverie 9T bed.
Glideaway Elevation Adjustable Bed
The Glideaway Elevation and Ascend adjustable beds stand out like a sore finger among other adjustable beds. Can you guess why, by looking at the image above? That’s right! While other adjustable beds have only 3 articulations, namely, head tilt, foot tilt and pillow tilt, the Glideaway Elevation electric bed has 4 articulations. The 4th is known as the ‘Elevation Lift’ which basically tilts the entire bed upwards at the head region. This position is known as the “Reverse Trendelenburg Position”.
The Glideaway Elevation is undoubtedly one of the most feature-rich electric beds; however, it doesn’t come cheap. It is also one of the most expensive adjustable beds of 2018. This is why it doesn’t get our #1 spot in our.
Major PROS of the Reverse Trendelenburg Position of the Glideaway adjustable bed
- Helps combat acid reflux ask heartburn aka GERD
- Helps the elderly and disabled to easily get in and out of bed
Major CONS of the Glideaway Elevation bed
PRICE – it ain’t cheap; in fact it’s probably the most expensive in our list of top 10 adjustable foundations.
We have provided a detailed Glideaway adjustable bed review elsewhere; please refer to it for more details and a comparison between the Glideaway Elevation and Glideaway Ascend reclining beds.
iDealBed 4i Custom Adjustable Bed
First things first… iDealBed is not a manufacturer of adjustable beds. iDealBed simply puts their brand name on certain models of Leggett & Platt and Reverie adjustable beds. The iDealBed adjustable beds seems to have a few modifications to their original models from L&P and Reverie, but by and large, they’re the same. The most significant difference is on the price tag. The iDealBed models are much cheaper than the ‘original’ branded version.
The Major Pros of the iDealBed 4i Custom
- It’s manufactured by Leggett & Platt; no need to worry about the unheard of brand name
- Designed and engineered in the USA
- 850 lb weight lifting capacity (that’s one heck of a powerful motor)
- ‘Ultra quiet’ motor
- 3-speed and 3-mode (wave, pulse, continuous) massage
- Delivered to your doorstep, all pre-assembled. No need of fancy tools to make it stand up
- 3 factory pre-set memory positions – Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore, and Flat
- 2 customizable memory positions
- Raise the head section up to 70° and the foot section up to 45°
- Wireless back-lit remote (doesn’t look pretty)
- 4 USB ports
- Under-bed night light
The Major Cons of the iDealBed 4i Custom adjustable bed
The following 3 specs are generally only found on the most high-end luxury adjustable beds and you shouldn’t be surprised that the 4i doesn’t come with them
- It lacks pillow tilting
- It doesn’t come with wall hugging
- It’s not a deck-on-deck design
We have done a detailed elsewhere on Bedroom Solutions. If you’re seriously considering this model, I highly recommend you check that out.
Leggett & Platt Premier Series
The Leggett & Platt Premier series adjustable beds have the highest-end specs one could ask for from an adjustable base. However, the and therefore, we do not recommend it anymore. However, you’re welcome to visit a nearby mattress store, see it with your own eyes and to make a decision.
Update November 2017: Due to the poor consumer ratings on Leggett and Platt Premier Series bed, we have removed this model from our list of top 10 adjustable beds.
Here’s a list of the features of the Premier Series Furniture Style Adjustable Base
- Pillow tilting
- Wall hugging
- Up to 7 programmable memory positions
- Full body massage with wave action and pulse mode
- Four factory preset memory positions which can be overwritten if you don’t like them
- A tablet remote controller
- Smartphone controllable
- Alarm clock, sleep timer etc. on the remote tablet
- 2 USB ports either side (4 in total)
- 1 A/C outlet on either side
- Underbed lighting
- Bedroom scenes via “LP Connect”
- “LP Sense” extra security feature
- 4-inch square-shaped wooden legs on ‘furniture design’ or 6 – 10-inch long, height-adjustable steel legs on ‘foundation design’
- Deck-on-deck design – suits best if you plan on using this as a stand-alone bed without a frame
- Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the USA
Really, you couldn’t ask for more from an adjustable bed and it’s a real pity that this bed has not lived up to the expectations (at least according to the customer reviews on Amazon.com)
We hope you decided to go with a high-end adjustable base; hopefully the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0, our #1 adjustable bed. However, if you found them to be too expensive or the extra specs unnecessary for your purpose, please check out our mid-range adjustable foundations
Leggett & Platt S-Cape 2.0 adjustable bed
Even though this ranks overall 5th in our list, it’s the best model in our mid-range category. The S-Cape 2.0 was released in 2017 and is still very new for 2018. It has almost all the features of the high-end adjustable frame of Prodigy 2.0 except a few features like pillow tilting.
Here’s a breakdown of the major features of the power foundation
- NO Pillow tilting; the S-Cape 2.0 only has head and foot tilting. If you need pillow tilting, you need the Prodigy 2.0
- It has great wall hugging (the bed glides back about 8-9 inches towards the nightstand/headboard)
- It has 2 programmable memory positions and 3 factory preset memory positions on its remote controller
- It has full body, dual-motor massage with regular and wave options of therapeutic massage
- NO messy mattress retainer bars. It has the newest Microhook retention technology which holds the mattress in place even without the retainer bars
The two whitish horizontal stripes you see on the foundation indicate the microhook retention system
- Wireless, backlit, sleek remote controller
- Smartphone controllable
- Under-bed night lighting available
- Four adjustable legs (adjust from 6″ to 10″ in height as you please)
- The remote controller has a ‘Lock’. Once locked, the bed will not move ‘up and down’ due to accidentally pressing the wrong buttons. Especially if you fall asleep with the remote on the bed, your turning and twisting during sleep can accidentally press the wrong buttons on the remote transforming the bed to the TV watching position from a sleeping position. ‘Lock’ your bed using the ‘lock’ button on the remote and sleep with complete peace of mind!
- The S-Cape 2.0+ has 8 USB ports (4 either side). NOTE: The ‘regular’ S-Cape does NOT have any USB ports; only the S-Cape 2.0+ has ’em.
- Anti-snore position on remote controller
- The S-Cape 2.0 also comes with a lift capacity of 850 Lbs
- It is available as 3 sub-models
- The foundation style S-Cape 2.0: this is the basic and cheapest model
- The furniture style S-Cape 2.0: this is the deck-on-deck style; don’t buy this if you’re planning on using this inside your existing bed frame because the frame will cover the beautiful bottom deck
- The S-Cape 2.0+ : this has some extra features like USB ports which the other versions lack
The L&P S-Cape 2.0 is so feature-rich that it deserves to be a ‘HIGH-END’ adjustable bed. However, because it lacks the luxury feature, pillow tilting, we ‘downgraded’ it to the ‘mid-range’ category. However, do not be mislead by that; this is a super-good adjustable bed for anyone that doesn’t need pillow tilting.
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Base
This is a relatively newly introduced adjustable frame. It is very popular because of its attractive price-tag; however, be informed that you’re getting what you’re paying for. It does not have many of the bells and whistles of most Leggett & Platt, Serta or Reverie adjustable beds that we have reviewed here. But if you’re after a basic model that is economically priced, the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort electric bed is what you’re looking for.
Major Pros and Cons of the Classic Brands adjustable bed
- It has NO pillow tilting. But if all you need is head and foot tilting, this will do!
- It has NO wall hugging. We strongly urge you to go with an adjustable bed that is a wall hugger. However, if you’re young and athletic and you’re sure you’ll never get back/neck sprains by leaning backwards to read the night stand; go for it by all means. Oh.. and also, if you’re not planning on having a night-stand, don’t worry about wall hugging at all!
- It has 4 programmable positions. Actually, it comes with 4 factory preset memory positions; (1) lounge, (2) flat, (3) zero-gravity and (4) TV/PC positions. Fortunately, these preset memory programs can be overridden or customized to suit your preferences. This is great. Unfortunately, many users of the Classic brands adjustable bed are not aware of this ‘over-riding’ feature, unlike yourself 🙂 Let’s say you don’t like the built-in zero-gravity position of the Classic brands adjustable comfort bed. First, bring the bed to your favorite zero-gravity position. Secondly, long-press the zero-gravity button on the remote for 3 seconds. Thirdly, enjoy your new, completely customized zero-gravity position that fits you like a glove!
- 3-speed full body massage: Note: the massage function isn’t comparable to the others. According to many reviewers, the vibration is weak and can be barely felt. Secondly, the massage motors/pads are relatively loud! Therefore, we it’s best that you visit your local mattress store and see if they have a Classic Brands adjustable bed for you to test. Check the massage feature; what do you feel? Is it strong or weak? Is it loud or quiet? Compare the strength and noise of the massage motors to a different branded bed and make your final decision!
- Smartphone app controllable? NO
- It has a built-in USB port
- NO under-bed lighting: but this is really NOT a deal breaker. If you need night-lighting turn on an standalone night lamp; as simple as that 🙂
- Legs can be adjusted to 4″, 7″ or 10.5″
As you will agree, the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort bed lacks high-end features like wall-hugging and pillow tilting. However, it’ll do the job for someone who doesn’t expect much from their adjustable bed; but if you expect something more from your bed, we urge you to stay away from this. The only reason we ranked this above the Reverie 7S is because of the cheaper priced tag of the Classic Brands adjustable bed. If price wasn’t an issue, in all honesty, the Reverie 7S and S-Cape 2.0 are miles above the Classic Brands adjustable bed.
Even though we ranked the Reverie 7S behind the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Bed, the 7S is far superior to the Classic Brands in many aspects. The only reason it came 2nd to the Classic Brands is because of the more expensive price tag of the Reverie 7S.
Major Pros and Cons of the Reverie 7S adjustable foundation
- Like all of the mid-range bases, the Reverie 7S also does NOT have pillow tilting
- It is a wall hugger according to its manufacturer, however, its level of wall hugging is nowhere near as what you get with the Leggett & Platt Prodigy or S-Cape. Therefore, you’ll still be ‘bending your back’ a little bit when you reach for your night-stand
- It has 2 programmable and 3 factory preset memory positions
- It has 10 speed, full-body massage with the ‘wave’ mode; just like the Reverie 8Q
- As shown on the picture above, it has 4 mattress retaining bars on the 4 corners. It’s great, and it’s not, at the same time. The writing on the photo is pretty self-explanatory!
- Smartphone app controllable
- NO under-the-bed lighting
- NO USB ports
- Come with height adjustable legs (adjust to 3″, 5″ or 8″ in height)
This may not have the bells and whistles of the S-Cape 2.0, however, it has the must have specs of an adjustable frame. Its massage function works as it’s supposed to work, it’s durable and it has a trusted name in the USA.
At the time of writing this, the S-Cape 2.0 is cheaper than the Reverie 7S, so you really can’t justify buying a 7S, when there’s a more feature-rich model available at a cheaper price.
We hope you fell in love with one of the high-end or mid-range adjustable bases. The Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 and S-Cape 2.0 are our favorite models in the above two categories. In the rare event that you found them a little too pricey for your liking, please check out our entry-level adjustable bed bases. You’re bound to find one from our 8th best to 10th best adjustable beds.
The following ‘entry-level’ adjustable beds DO NOT have these features
- Pillow Tilting
- Wall Hugging
- Programmable Memory Positions
- Smartphone app control
- USB ports
- Under-bed lighting
- Lumbar support
- Bedroom scenes etc.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you want to keep it plain and simple, these wallet-friendly bases may work perfectly well!
Hofish adjustable bed
- The does not have many of the high-end specs we talked about earlier
- It does have head and foot tilt allowing you to sit-up to read a book, watch TV or even a play game on your iPhone. It also lets you raise the feet only; or to adopt the zero-gravity position which does wonders if you have RLS (restless leg syndrome).
- It has two programmable memory positions; the existing zero-gravity and TV-watching positions can be customized according to your favorite positions.
- Most adjustable beds in this price range come with wired remote controllers which are not as sexy as wireless remotes. But worry not, the Hofish adjustable bed with an illuminated wireless remote controller (it ain’t pretty, but it does the job!)
- Generally, putting your adjustable bed together, once it’s shipped to your home, is the biggest pain-in-the neck! Not the Hofish, because it comes with a single-step, 3-minute assembly!
- It also comes with anti-crushing technology which prevents a hand, a toy, a dog, getting crushed between the bed frame and the lowering foundation. This is generally, a feature of high-end adjustable beds like the Leggett and Platt Premier Series.
- Reade our full review of this new electric bed here –>
Lucid L300 Adjustable Bed Base Review
The Lucid L300 adjustable base is emerging as a top contender among the entry-level, budget-friendly category of adjustable beds. Here’s a rundown of its major specs.
- Of course it can’t give you the luxury of pillow tilting or wall hugging at an affordable price tag of 0.
- It doesn’t have the massage option either; no surprises there for the reasonable pricepoint
- It comes with ONE customizable memory position. Multiple programmable positions would have been great. But one is better than none. Programme the remote to remember your favorite position (e.g. lounge, zero-gravity, TV watching etc.) and recall it as and when you please, with the press of a single button
- It also comes with one preset memory position: that is the ‘flat’ position.
- It also comes with a flashlight, on the underside of the remote. This too can be very handy, especially at night
- USB Ports. The Lucid adjustable base comes equipped with two USB ports on the under-side of the adjustable foundation. Those that come on the side of the bed are much better.Kneeling under the bed every time you want to charge your phone is impractical. You’ll need to keep the USB charge cable plugged in continuously to make use of these ports. On the plus side, you get these ports on either side of the bed so that both partners can get their phones and tablets charged while they sleep.
- The looks: the L300 comes with a trendy frame that is upholstered in Charcoal Gray cloth. This gives a rich look to this entry-level bed.
- Last but not least, it comes with a 750 pound lifting capacity and a 10-year warranty. You really can’t ask for more from an adjustable bed of this price category
Make sure you before you buy the Lucid L300
Leggett & Platt Raven bed review
- This too doesn’t have all those luxury specs of the high-end models
- This stands out among the entry-level adjustable bed frames based on two specs
- It comes pre-assembled in a queen-mattress sized-box. All you need to do is screw the four legs in. It only takes five minutes to assemble after unpacking.
- Thin profile makes it easy to fit into any bed frame. Further, thanks to the thin frame, you can place even an extra-thick mattress (e.g. 14 inches) without making the bed too tall
- Wireless remote controller – other entry-level models have wired remotes
- Microhook retention – other entry-level models have mattress retaining bars
- Compressed/compact frame – allows it to fit within even the slimmest beds
- Charcoal gray micro-suede fabric gives a luxury look and feel
- Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA
Update January, 2018
Leggett and Platt has released which is even more affordable than the Raven. It looks like L&P has released this model to compete with cheaper models like the Classic Brands and Hofish beds.
Sealy Ease Adjustable Bed
- This is our #10 ranked adjustable base that takes the bottom spot.
- This too has a wireless remote controller
- However, it’s no exception to other entry-level brands when it comes to pillow tilting, programmable memory positions, massage, wall hugging etc. It doesn’t have them luxury specs!
Entry-level adjustable bed frames work for…
An entry-level adjustable frame like the Hofish, Lucid L300, Leggett & Platt Raven or the Reverie 7S would do just fine
- If all you want is to raise the head (e.g. to watch TV) or feet (e.g.. you have restless leg syndrome),
- If you have no intention of using therapeutic massage, USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, smartphone compatibility etc.
- If you’re on a budget and don’t want to spend for features you’ll rarely use
You need a high-end adjustable bed if you…
If what you expect from an adjustable bed is not what is listed above, you will want a top of the line adjustable bed with all the bells and whistles, we recommend you choose a model like the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 or even the Glideaway Elevation if you have serious acid reflux.
Last but not least, remember that you’ll need to compliment your high-quality adjustable bed with a durable adjustable bed mattress.
Hair dryer recall 2018
Forever 21 high waisted ripped jeans 2018
Lindsay lohan hairstyles 2018
Good ombre hair dye 2018