Turning 30: Bought A Chanel and Cried on My Birthday
Happy Birthday, Coco Chanel! Read the Fashion Icon's Top 10 Quotes
It was the great Coco Chanel who once said, "Fashion passes, style remains." Not only was she one of the greatest style icons of our day—founding her eponymous brand and creating dressing rules still followed today—but she was also a woman of wise words. Her quotes about fashion, life, and love have been reprinted again and again. In honor of her birthday today, we've rounded up 10 of our favorite Chanel originals. Tweet them, repeat them, and feel fabulous all day long. Then, click here to look back at 10 of her best sartorial looks and career highlights.
1. "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
2. "Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."
3. "All men are children, and if you understand that, a woman understands everything."
4. "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
5. "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
6. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
7. "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
8. "Where should one use perfume? Wherever one wants to be kissed."
9. "Jump out the window if you are the object of passion. Flee it if you feel it. Passion goes, boredom remains."
Video: YOUTUBE BIRTHDAY | FASHION COORDINATE CONTEST
21 Grill Recipes That Aren’t Burgers
How to Identify Vintage Beads
Shop smart at the store
How to Connect Printer to iPad
Strawberry and Turkey Balsamic Salad Recipe
The Weather Channel Predicts a Brutal Winter for Most of the Country
How to Draw a Parallelogram
Ham, Cheese, and Cauliflower Galette
How to Live a Greener Life
How to Create an Agenda
How to Apply Eye Cream
How to Train Your Dog to Use a Dog Door
The shadow looming over Manaforts case