Close All Chrome Tabs Simultaneously on Any Android or iOS Device [How-To]
How to Close Tabs
This wikiHow teaches you how to close individual tabs in a browser on both mobile devices and computers.
Open a browser.Tap the app icon of the browser that you want to open. You can close tabs on Chrome and Firefox for both iPhone and Android, as well as Safari for iPhone.
Tap the "Tabs" icon.Doing so will bring up a list of your currently open tabs. This icon's appearance and location varies depending on the browser:
- ChromeandFirefox- Tap the numbered box in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Safari- Tap the two overlapping boxes in the bottom-right side of the screen.
Look for the tab you want to close.You can scroll up or down through the currently open tabs until you find the one you want to close.
Tap .It's in the top-left corner of the tab that you want to close. This will immediately close the tab.
- You can also close tabs by swiping them to the left.
Click the on a tab you want to close.You'll find theXicon on the right side of the tab; clicking it will immediately close the tab.
- On Safari, theXicon won't appear until you place your mouse cursor over the tab.
- If you have an ongoing process on the tab (e.g., you're creating an email account), you may have to confirm your decision to close the tab.
Close tabs quickly.PressCtrl+W(Windows) orCommand+W(Mac) on your computer's keyboard to close the tab you're currently using.
- Make sure you're on the tab that you want to close before doing this.
Close all tabs in a browser.Click theXbutton in the top-right corner of the browser (Windows) or the red circle in the top-left corner of the browser (Mac). This will close your browser; all of your tabs will be closed with the browser.
- You may have to confirm that you want to close all tabs by clicking something likeYes, close all tabswhen prompted.
QuestionHow can I close the tabs on iPhone 6?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDouble-click the Home button, and all your open apps will show up in a line. Swipe directly up on each one of them to close them.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I open a new tab after I've close the old one?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOn a PC, CTRL+T opens a new tab, or just re-launch your web browser app if on a mobile device.Thanks!
QuestionWhy am I being told I have too many tabs open when I currently only have one?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCheck if there are any other windows open. If there are, close the window to get rid of the extra tabs.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I close multiple tabs on my computer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can close them one at a time or close the browser window entirely (which will close all of the open tabs at once).Thanks!
QuestionHow do I close a window without closing all of the windows?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you have several windows open, then just closing one of them shouldn't affect the rest of them.Thanks!
How do I close tabs on my phone?
How do I close tabs with an iPhone 8+
How do I find open tabs in my Windows phone?
How do I close tabs on my Samsung Galaxy pro primary phone?
How do I close tabs permanently when I open BT mail?
- Most browsers also have a "" command on the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click a tab.
- Right-click a tab to see advanced options for it.
- Closing a tab during a process (e.g., setting up an email account) will reset your progress.
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Русский: , Français: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands:
Video: Shortcut key for Open & Close New Tabs in Any Browser
Il Tempo, London
How to Persuade Someone to Quit Smoking
The Best Of Shut Up Take My Money: 100th Edition
Life Lesson: What I Learned From Depression
The One Product Emma Watson Swears By for Literally PerfectSkin
Winter Hair Color Ideas Trends for 2019
Raf Simons Debuts Calvin Klein Collection
Mary Katrantzou SpringSummer 2014 RTW – London Fashion Week
Thanks to Amazon, Your Black Friday Shopping Starts Today
Dying is actually more positive than you think it is according to science
Breaded and Baked Homemade Chicken Nuggets
How to Learn About Cars