GET IN BASKETBALL SHAPE FAST!!
How to Get in Good Basketball Shape
Get the right gear.Of course you already know that you need a basketball, but do you have all the gear you need? You should have:
- a basketball.
- proper basketball clothing which includes a t-shirt and shorts or sweatpants
- basketball shoes
- a sports headband (optional)
- a water bottle (with water), or Gatorade.
- a timer
- an ice pack
- a pack of gum (this is for keeping your mouth from getting dry).
Head over to your favorite gym or court.Set your timer for 30 minutes, go right under the hoop and start form shooting.
Don't start off trying to lug up shots that you can't.Start off right under the basket. If you can't shoot 5 out of 10 shots the distance away from the basket you are, then move in.
Once the timer rings take a ten minute break.
Set the timer for 10 minutes, and starting at one side of the court, dribble the ball in your right hand, and start running around the court (if you are on a half court, set the timer for 20 minutes).Once the timer stops, take a 3 minute rest, then set the timer for 10 minutes again (20 if on a half court), and do the same thing over again only with your left hand dribbling the ball. After the timer is up, take a 3 minute rest, then set the timer for 10 minutes again (20 if on half court), and do the same thing over only instead of using 1 hand, dribble the ball with both(keep doing a crossover while running around the court. After the timer is up, take a 10 minute rest.
Do some "suicides." Starting at the OB line right under the hoop, run from the line to the free throw line, then back to the OB line, then run to the half court line, then run back to the OB line, then run to the other basket's free throw line, then run back to the OB line, then run from your original OB line, to the next OB line at the other hoop. Keep doing this for about 5 times. Take a three minute break and do 5 more.
Work on your passing and catching skills.If you have a friend with you, you can practice that way, but if you don't, you can bounce the ball against a wall and try to catch it as it comes back. Pass or bounce the ball from different angles (if you're using a wall it is more unpredictable, and trains you better). Do this for 30 minutes and then take a 10 minute rest.
Set your timer for 15 minutes, and start bouncing the ball against the backboard.Try to make it bounce off, and rebound it in. The objective is not to make a shot it is to miss the shot, and rebound it in, that way you practice your rebounds. After the timer stops, take a 5 minute rest.
Put all the above exercises into one exercise, and this will be your final one.Start off by making 3 free throw shots, then step back and make 3 three point shots, then shoot the ball run up grab it, run down the court to the other hoop, and make a basket, run back down to the other hoop and make a basket, keep doing this 5 times, then make a basket and miss, then rebound the ball back in, run down to the other hoop and do the same, do this 5 times, then pass the ball to your friend or bounce it off the wall, do this 5 times then stop. You are now finished with the exercises, so come back tomorrow and do it again!!!!!
Eat healthy and get lots of sleep.
QuestionHow long does it take to get in shape for basketball?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt really depends on who you are and what shape you are already in. It is really important to get a lot of sleep and eat fruits and veggies.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- After a week, double the exercises, so that way you will improve more, that is if you feel comfortable with the current exercises.
- After a few weeks, the exercises won't seem so hard and will start to become easier, then you will improve a lot in your game.
- Work on your form on your shots, because your shots are one of the most important things in basketball. Remember, follow through with your shooting hand!
- You Can't Just become good at basketball overnight, But you CAN Practice, Practice,Practice!
- The Ice Pack is for injuries, or if you are hot and need to cool down.
- Don't stop exercising on weekends, not even Sunday (or Saturday if you are SDA).
- It is better to bring a Friend along in case you get hurt.
- You can become dehydrated if you don't bring water or something to drink (water is the best, butneverdrink sodas, dehydration is the biggest problem that can occur.
- If the rest stop times listed above isn't enough for you, then rest as long as it makes you comfortable.
- Don't overdo it; just because you think you can go harder doesn't mean you can.
- If you have asthma, or heart problems ask your Doctor, before you go into any of the exercises above.
- If you sprain your ankle or wrist, use the ice pack to put on it, and don't play for a few days. Remember, you're not in the NBA, nobody is going to care if you lay off a few days because of an injury.
Video: How to: Get in Shape for Basketball FAST!! (Basketball Conditioning Drills)
How to Fill Out a Credit Application
11 Ways To Wear Loud Prints Without Scaring People
Here’s how to find out who has unfollowed you on social media
Jordan Shows You How To Wear Silk Floral Pants Like A Man
How to Hide Files and Folders Using Batch Files
From Suicide Attempt to Clarity: My Adult ADHD Diagnosis
Things French women do that make them look so good
Rebecca Minkoff To Katy Perry: The Best Call Me Maybe’Videos
Every Girl Like These Type Of Habits In A Man In Hindi
How Your Appetite Changes In Your 30s, 40s, 50s, And 60s
How to Teach Students With ADHD
How to Make a Mrs. Claus Outfit for Dogs
SawdustCity 7-Compartment Shoe Rack 7011- Finish: Old Red
The 19 Funniest Letters Kids Have Ever Written to Santa
Date: 13.12.2018, 01:02 / Views: 73353