You can learn Arduino in 15 minutes.
How to Get Started with Arduino
An Arduino is an electronic board with the ability to control outputs such as LEDs, buzzers and motors using either inputs or computer programming. Hailed as the latest advancement in open source electronics, learning to use it will definitely prove an asset to your knowledge.
Learn some basic electronic principles before purchasing the actual board.
- These include Ohm's law, breadboard basics, reading resistors and the use of electronic components such as LEDs, piezos, transistors and switches.
- This information is easily available on YouTube and the Internet. A series of tutorials by Jeremy Blum on YouTube provide ample information on both the Arduino and electronics basics.
Find out about different Arduino boards.
- Varieties include the Arduino Uno (which most beginners use), the Arduino Mega (With more input and output pins) and the Arduino Lilypad.
- As the Arduino is open-source technology, many companies produce clone boards, which come at a cheaper price or with different functions.
Purchase the board you have decided on.
- These can be bought online on websites such as eBay, Amazon, Adafruit, element14 and many others. Real life shops such as Radio Shack also sell Arduinos.
- Purchasing them in kits which include electronic components is also a good option, as they eliminate the need of finding more components elsewhere. These kits normally include the board itself, a breadboard for prototyping, some wires, a USB cable to program it with a computer and some LEDs, resistors, motors and the like.
Start using the board.
- Many projects with the Arduino can be found online. These include LED cubes, robots, simple motor movement projects and even a fart detection module!
- Learning the programming language is also an advantage as you will not need to rely on other peoples' code and can instead program your board on your own.
Join the community.
- Joining a Makerspace, writing on forums and making tutorial videos of your own are great ways to merge yourself with the quickly growing open-source electronics community.
Video: TUTORIAL: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with Arduino! (How To)
How to Choose a Gift for a Cook
Pamela Anderson’s son Dylan Lee is the beautiful new face of Saint Laurent
Huda Beauty Drops the Rose Gold Remastered Eyeshadow Palette
Roast Leg of Lamb with Baharat and Vegetables Recipe
50 Ways to Order Your Favorite Takeout Without GainingWeight
How to Show Others That You Are Trustworthy at School
Louis C.K. Has Been Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Multiple Women
These 5 Topshop Runway Trends Were the Best
1. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina