How to Make Pork Carnitas | Pork Recipes | Allrecipes.com
How to Make Sriracha Carnitas in a Slow Cooker
Boneless, skinless pork shoulder - roughly 2 pounds (0.91 kg) for 6-8 servings
2 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 Tbsp chili powder
Kosher salt, to taste- about 1 Tbsp
Combine the 2 Tbsp Sriracha, 1 Tbsp chili powder, and salt in a small bowl.Mix it thoroughly until you have a paste.
Unwrap and trim the meat.Cut off any large areas of white fat. A little fat can add flavor but too much just ends up chewy and soft, so you'll want to remove any large chunks.
Drop your pork shoulder in your slow cooker.Spoon the paste on top and use your hands to rub it all over the outside of the pork, turning it so you cover all the sides.
Close your slow cooker and turn it on for 10 hours on low.Walk away and let it cook undisturbed.
Shred the fully cooked pork.When it's all done, it'll be easy to shred the pork with just a couple of forks. The meat should be sitting in a delicious, spicy sauce, and will fall apart easily.
Whip up a sauce, if desired.The carnitas are good as is, just in their own juices. However, if you want a little more flavor on the side, try a Sriracha-flavored mayo or a Sriracha sour cream.
- For the mayo, mix Sriracha, mayonnaise, and soy sauce, to taste.
- For the sour cream, mix about ¼ cup of sour cream with ½ to 1 Tbsp of Sriracha.
Serve it up!The carnitas go great in tacos. Warm up some corn tortillas in a frying pan, drop some carnitas in the middle of each tortilla, and add your preferred toppings.
- Try a little shredded cheese, some fresh chopped cilantro, a few slices of avocado, some sour cream, and some salsa or pico de gallo. If you really want to maximize the heat, add some more Sriracha!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Save your leftovers in an airtight tupperware in the fridge. You can also freeze it to enjoy later on.
- The carnitas are also great as a 'hash,' served with a sautéed mix of onions, hashbrowns or potatoes, and bell peppers.
Video: How to Make Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork - Slowcooker (Crockpot) Recipe
Check out This Mans Beard Sculptures
Epinephrine Ophthalmic Reviews
Sexual Dysfunction and Medications: Exploring the Link
Rose Brown Hair is The Prettiest Spring Trend for Brunettes
How to Dye Yarn in a Slow Cooker
Are You A Benevolent Sexist
101: How toWear Tartantrousers
Atkins diet: Know all about this new diet
More Women Have Fibromyalgia Than Breast Cancer
How to Console an Upset Friend
Pecan Shortbread Recipe
Date: 10.12.2018, 02:30 / Views: 92162