5 EASY WAYS TO MAKE YOUR LIPS LOOK BIGGER! | Rachel Leary
How to Make Your Lips Look Plumper Without Makeup
If you prefer a natural look but want your lips to look more plump, you may be wondering what you can do to achieve a fuller appearance without using makeup. Fortunately, there are lots of ways to get plump lips naturally and without makeup. You don't even need surgery or injections. All it takes is a few simple items from your kitchen or bathroom, such as ground cinnamon, olive oil, or a toothbrush.
Exfoliating Your Lips
Apply some lip balm or petroleum jelly to your lips.Choose something that is natural and extra moisturizing.
Wait 10 minutes.During this time, the lip balm will absorb into your lips, and fill out any fine lines or wrinkles. This will help your lips appear fuller.
Scrub your lips with a toothbrush using small, circular motions for 1 minute.The scrubbing will help boost circulation to your lips, making them appear fuller and pinker. It will also get rid of any flakes, and help your lips reflect more light; this will also give the illusion of plumper lips.
- To make the exfoliation evenmoreeffective, apply some lip balm or petroleum jelly onto the toothbrush.
Gently wipe off any lip balm residue.You can do this using a tissue or a damp towel.
Follow up with your favorite lip balm or lip stain, if desired.This is not completely necessary, but it will give some more color to your now-plump-lips, and make them stand out even more!
Making and Using Simple Lip Plumpers
Find a simple solution that works for you.There are lots of ways to plump your lips, and most of them will start right in your spice cabinet! Some, however, may require a trip to the store (such as essential oil). Choose a lip plumper that works best for you, based on what you already own or what you are willing to buy. You do not have to useallof the lip plumpers in this section.
Try cayenne pepper, but don't use it more than 2 to 3 times a week.In a small dish, mix enough cayenne pepper and water to make a paste (about ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a drop or two or water). Apply the paste to your lips with your finger. Leave it on there for 10 minutes, then wash it off.
- Cayenne pepper plumps your lips by irritating them. As such, you do not want to use this too often or when your lips are already irritated or dry.
- Alternatively, you can scoop some lip gloss or lip balm onto your finger, and sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.Use this instead of the paste.
Try cinnamon essential oil.Mix 1 to 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil with about 1 teaspoon of lip balm or petroleum jelly. Apply it to your lips, wait 3 to 5 minutes, then wipe it off. Because of how intense cinnamon essential oil is, do not use this more than twice a week.
- If you'd prefer something more natural, try coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea butter instead of petroleum jelly.
- If you have very sensitive skin, you might want to stick with just 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil, or try a different method.
- Store any leftover lip balm in a small jar or empty lip balm container. Keep it in the fridge.
Try peppermint essential oil if you have sensitive skin or don't like cinnamon.Mix 2 drops of peppermint oil with 1 teaspoon of lip balm or petroleum jelly. Apply it to your lips whenever you want a little plumping action. Unlike the cinnamon version, you do not have to wipe it off, because it is less irritating.
- If you'd like something more natural, try coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea butter instead of petroleum jelly.
- Store any leftover lip balm in a small jar or empty lip balm container. Keep it in the fridge.
Use ground cinnamon if you can't get any essential oil.Mix a pea-sized amount of lip balm or petroleum jelly with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Apply it to your lips, then wipe it off after 3 to 5 minutes.
- For something more natural, try coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea butter.
Making and Using Lip Scrubs and Balms
Choose a scrub or lip balm best suited to your needs and what you already own.There are lots of ways to make a lip scrub or lip balm at home. Some require only a few ingredients that you likely already have at home, such as honey and sugar. Others require more specialized ingredients, such as cinnamon essential oil. Choose a scrub or balm that is most convenient for you; you do not have to makeallof the scrubs and balms in this section.
Try a simple honey-based scrub.In a small dish, combine 2 teaspoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of sugar. Massage the scrub into your lips using small, circular motions for 1 minute. Let the scrub sit on your lips for 3 minutes, then wash it off. For extra moisture, apply some lip balm.
- The honey will help moisturize your lips and fill out any creases, while the sugar will scrub away any dead skin cells and flakes.
Try a simple olive oil scrub.In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Stir in 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Massage the scrub onto your lips, then wait 5 to 10 minutes. Wash the scrub off afterwards.
- If you can't find olive oil, or if you'd like something more moisturizing, try coconut oil instead.
Try a honey and oil scrub.In a small dish, combine 2 teaspoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey. Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil and a dash of ground cinnamon.Stir well, then massage the scrub onto your lips for 1 minute. Wait 3 minutes, then wash the scrub off.
- The honey and oil will help moisturize your lips, while the cinnamon will help plump them. The sugar will help scrub away any flakes.
- You don't need to use lip balm after this scrub, but you can if you want to.
- If you can't find almond oil, try coconut oil; it is also very moisturizing.
Treat yourself with a deluxe scrub.In a small dish, combine 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Stir in ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, then transfer it to a jar.To use the scrub: massage a small amount onto your lips, and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes, then wash it off.
- For extra flavor, add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Store the jar in a cool place, and use the scrub within one week.
Make a lip-plumping lip balm.In a small dish, combine ½ tablespoon of melted cocoa butter with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 20 drops of almond oil. Add 2 drops of cayenne pepper essential oil, then pour the mixture into a small jar or empty lip balm container. Let the mixture set, then apply it to your lips.
- Peppermint essential oil or cinnamon essential oil may also work. Both have lip-plumping abilities.
- If you can't find cocoa butter, try shea butter instead.
- Melt the cocoa butter in the microwave at 15 to 30-second intervals.
Apply your balm to the center of your bottom lip and your cupid’s bow.No matter which type of balm you decide to make, applying it can give your lips a subtle shine. When this shine is emphasized at the center of your lower lip and at your cupid’s bow, it can create a rounded effect, making your lips look a little plumper.
QuestionAfter a while, will the plumping effect become permanent?
Licensed CosmetologistLicensed CosmetologistExpert AnswerUnfortunately, these practices will not make your lips permanently plump. Since these techniques mainly work by irritating your lips slightly, the effect will go away as the irritation fades.Thanks!
QuestionHow long do I have to exfoliate my lips for in order to see a difference?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot long, but be careful not to over-exfoliate in a desire to hurry the process up -- you may irritate your lips.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make my lips shiny?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerApply lip balms and lip glosses at all times. Apply an overnight lip therapy lip balm before you sleep to make your lips supple and pink. Gylcerin also helps a lot.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use white sugar instead of brown?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWhite crystal sugar isn't a rough material, it's really fine and tiny. Brown sugar will give the most effect. You can also use your toothbrush, try rubbing it over your lips until you feel it tickling.Thanks!
QuestionCan I bite my lips? It looks good when I do it.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could, but be careful. If you bite too much you can leave semi-permanent marks in your lips and that isn't exactly attractive. A little bite is okay, though.Thanks!
QuestionI don't have cinnamon. Can I use nutmeg instead?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCinnamon is really harsh on your lips and will cause irritation. The best way to do this is to brush your lips with a clean toothbrush.Thanks!
QuestionDoes scrubbing your lips actually work?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererIt does work, but only do it every few days because it can damage your lips.Thanks!
QuestionIs there any other way of making a lip plumping balm?MAYA MONDOCKCommunity AnswerI would not suggest lip plumping products. They are expensive and most of the time do not work. Instead, I would suggest slightly overlining your lips with lip liner, or contouring your lips. You can contour your lips by taking a contour powder or cream and going around your lips. (Do not use too much product!)Thanks!
- Don't have much time? Simply scrubbing your lips with a toothbrush for 30 seconds may give your lips some plumpness.
- Petroleum jelly and lip balm are quick and easy lip plumpers. They are not very effective on their own, but you should still notice a slight difference nonetheless.
- Drink eight 8-ounce (240 milliliters) glasses of water each day to keep you lips hydrated. Dry lips often look cracked and thin.
- If a certain lip scrub, lip balm, or lip plump doesn't work for you, don't immediately move onto the next one. Give your lips a break, and try a new one the next day.
- Use a natural mint, peppermint, or spearmint lip balm. Mint helps boost circulation to the lips, making them appear fullerCinnamon-based lip balms may also work.
- Everyone is different, so not every single method may work for you.
- You can find essential oils in health food stores, online, and in some arts and crafts stores. Donotget fragrances; these are not natural, and they are not the same thing.
- Do not substitute fragrance oils for essential oils. They are not the same thing and should not be put on your lips.
- Some people find that massaging their lips for 20 to 30 seconds also helps them appear plumper.
- Do not substitute extracts for essential oils. They are not the same thing, and they may not offer the same lip-plumping benefits.
- Some methods may require a few tries before you see any results.
- Be realistic. Many homemade lip plumpers and natural remedies won't give you the same results as surgery or store-bought lip plumpers. They also are not permanent.
Video: HOW TO MAKE YOUR LIPS LOOK BIGGER |YESSI WATERS
How to Grow Your Own Salsa
Blood Test Shows Promise in Spotting Pancreatic Cancers Early
Ham Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
This 12 Year Old Boy Is Basically The Real Life Equivalent Of Matilda
How to Do a Round Off in Gymnastics
Peter Som Channels Jane Birkin for Fall2014
What Is a Stacked Heel
I Thought I Was Too Young for a Hysterectomy
How to lose weight with lemon and ginger
Khloé Kardashian Quietly Claps Back at Those Who Said Her Fam Was Mad She Stayed With Tristan
30-Day Get Fit Plan for Busy Perennials