7 Ways to ATTRACT Corporate SPONSORS & BRAND DEALS - #7Ways
How to Solicit Sponsors
If you are involved with a church, school, community group or volunteer charity, you might find it necessary to know how to solicit sponsors to help finance a project or event. Many organizations need support in funding various needs, events and activities, and must turn to companies, businesses, corporations and prominent community members for financial backing. For example, a doctor might be solicited to donate to a cancer fund-raising benefit or a company might be asked to sponsor a school sporting event to help raise money for student athletic needs.
Though it may be intimidating to ask for financial support, the manner in which you approach potential sponsors must be confident and professional. If you learn how to solicit sponsors properly, you will be able to help your cause with needed financial support.
Understand your funding needs for your organization's goals before soliciting sponsors.
- If you are not clear, concise and specific about your financial need, potential sponsors will be hesitant to help.
Define the specific project or event that your organization wants to raise money to benefit and who or what it will benefit.
Write an outline of the financial needs for the project or event and what your organization wants to accomplish with sponsorship funding.
- For example, if your church is trying to raise funds to help provide food for a local pantry to help the hungry, explain how the sponsor's money will help fund an event such as a food drive that will result in more funds and donations for the targeted goal. Explain how the money and donations earned will help the community by providing for the hungry.
Draft a proposal letter explaining your goals and needs to sponsors you are soliciting and send the letter to your targeted sponsors.
Follow up with the potential sponsors with a phone call about 1 to 2 weeks after sending your proposal letters.
Develop a relationship with sponsors that agree to your help fund your organization's goals.
Show them your appreciation by sending a note of thanks after your organization's event or project is completed.
Keep in touch with your sponsors and update them about your fund-raising successes made possible with their help.
- This will help you to build a relationships with sponsors that last and possibly secure their assistance with future fund raising projects.
QuestionHow do I find an auto manufacturer's address for sponsorship of an event?Community AnswerVisit or call your local dealership. Ask to speak to the person in charge of community relations and explain your event, then ask them for a contact in their head office.Thanks!
QuestionCan you get me any contact info for a sponsor?Community AnswerThe best way to get a contact is to visit or telephone the business you wish to solicit. Ask to speak to the person in charge of charitable donations.Thanks!
- Always give your sponsors publicity when you are able. For example, if you advertise your fund-raising event on television, radio or in the local newspaper, mention your sponsors.
- Always follow up by phone with solicited sponsors after sending proposal letters. A phone call will show that you are dedicated to your organization's cause and give you the chance to talk in detail about your project or event.
- Be prepared when meeting a potential sponsor in person. Though sponsor solicitation can be intimidating, it is important for you to be professional and confident to sell your fund-raising goals.
- Never be evasive or unclear about your organization's project, event or fund-raising goals. This will confuse potential sponsors about what you are trying to accomplish.
- Never be forceful when soliciting sponsors. This will not be a selling point to your cause. Always be professional, humble and appreciative.
- Never be rude to sponsors who decide not to help with your organization's fund-raising goals. It could hurt your chance for getting sponsors in the future if you get a reputation for being rude.
Video: Sponsor Me - How to get companies to sponsor your events - Ask Evan
Donating a Kidney May Carry Hidden Insurance Costs
How to Get a Guy That Likes You to Ask You Out
How to Hold Chopsticks
Bewitching Party Favor Bags
Matthew Williamson launches his first diffusion line
11 Skin-Changing Elixirs to Soak Your Beautyblender With (Instead of Water)
Music Festival Fashion, Pt 2
How to Avoid Being Punished with Bad Grades
How to Make Up for Forgetting Someones Birthday
Alfred Dunhill AW14 Campaign