Respect your parents - powerful reminder
How to Treat Your Parents
Parents. They help us, love us, and care for us, so why do we treat them horrifyingly? We may be mad at them, but deep down, they will always love us and care for us, so we might as well do the same. These steps show you how to treat your parents right.
Think about it.You can't compare anybody to them. Yes, on days you may feel like saying "I wish my mum had Angelina Jolie's lips," but you don't really mean it, even if you think you do. Parents are the people you should love a lot in your life.
Be communicative.A nice, simple greeting like "Hello," "Hi," or "Good morning," will brighten their day. You don't have to say "Salutations, paternal and maternal units," and even though this may make them laugh, deep down they just yearn for an "I love you" from you.
Remember that if you sacrifice one thing for them, they will sacrifice another million for you.Keep that in mind and you'll love them even more.
Take care of them, mentally and physically.If they are feeling sick, make them some chicken soup and give them a box of tissues, and if they're feeling stressed, give them a massage and chat to them about the good things in their life.
Write/text/email things to them every day, about how much you love them.Call them up at work to say hello and check how they're doing. Parents love nothing more than talking to you.
At your school, show them off and think how lucky you are to have two great parents.Invite them to plays, talk to them about parent/teacher conferences, you can even help mum join the PTA in your school.
Finally, just love them a little bit more every day!Keep a love meter to tell them how much you love them. On their bedroom table, have a piece of paper and a meter, and color it in a little more each day, until it's full. Then write "I love you so much, it can't fit on this paper.
- To make them happy, have them go on a picnic with you and prepare their favorite food.
- Give them gifts from the heart. Your parents will appreciate it if you give them that iPod you've been saving for, but rather seeing a card you made yourself will warm their heart even more. They love gifts from you.
- If they make you a bit embarrassed, just smile and shrug and laugh. They'll join in with you, and you won't feel so bad anymore.
- In order to show your love for them, help them in any way you can, even if it's a small matter like finding the hair brush.
- Have Post-It notes with encouraging writing and love notes from you on them hung around their workspace or bedroom.
- Always give them advice about their health, and remind them. "Dad, aren't you supposed to get a vaccination today at 5?"
- Show them some memorable pictures of your family, like on holidays or at birthday parties, and look at the happiness in their eyes.
- If you do all these things, your parents will be very, very happy.
- Treat your Parents the way you want your kids to treat you!
- Don't ask for things that you know they won't give you. Make sure you remember everything they tell you to do.
- Don't be whiny when they embarrass you and don't stop. Just hint to them politely to cut it out. Don't hold a grudge.
- You may feel angry at them, but just relax. It's nothing to worry about at all, and in the end, you'll just stop feeling so mad at them.
Video: Love and respect your parents
Best deals on camping gear and accessories
Shrinking mans lasagne
Ask an Expert: How Can I Style My Naturally Wavy Hair WithoutHeat
How to Draw an Eggplant
Why Cheaters Dont Stop Cheating, According To Science
How to Dispose of Lithium Batteries
Why Meghan and Harry will briefly split up during their royal tour to Australia
8 Reasons You Should Never Eat Cadbury Creme Eggs
This Street Style Star Wears Pointed-Toe Shoes With Every Outfit
Infused Water Recipes: 9 Ways to Stay Hydrated With More Flavor
Model Moment: IMG Model’s All-American StunnerMak
How to Make a Classic Martini
14 Elegant Wedding Gowns to Make Your Big Day Special