Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: about 2 cups | Calories: 343 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 121 mg | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints: 12
Kale & Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped kale, loosely packed (curly kale was used in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. While cooking the quinoa, add walnuts pieces to a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Salad: Add quinoa and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a medium-simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa has soaked up most of the liquid. Turn off the burner and add kale and cranberries. Leave covered pot on the burner until kale is wilted, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: Add all ingredients to a glass container and whisk until combined. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Whisk again before serving.
- Salad can be served warm or cold.
Video: Quinoa Kale Salad with Crunchy Chick Peas and Lemon Dressing Drizzle
Mary J. Blige Short Bob Haircuts
How to Sweeten Your Watermelon
How to Run a Household
Ezra Miller is the First Openly LGBT Actor To Be Cast as a Superhero in TheFlash’
Celebrity Hairstyles: Emma Watson Hairstyles
How to Get Out of Something
How to Coordinate Discipline Among Caregivers
5 Lighter, Sweeter Thanksgiving Sides
Ghosting: What is it And are you guilty of it
How to Make Hebel Sculptures
How to Improve Your Form by Changing Your Focus
How to Get Over a Broken Engagement
Best Makeup Brushes Available In India – Our Top 8