BEST QUINOA SALAD RECIPE EVER! (Colourful mint + turmeric salad)
Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is a natural whole grain containing high quality protein and iron. It is available in health food stores and some supermarkets. If you can't find it, substitute 6 ounces of couscous or bulgar wheat; follow label directions for cooking. Take this to the next pot luck supper you attend. It will be a welcome change from the usual pasta.
- 1 cup(s) quinoa, dry
2 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat-free, salt-free
2 cup(s) tomato(es)
2 cup(s) cucumber(s)
peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 cup(s) celery
1 cup(s) parsley, fresh
chopped and packed
1 cup(s) mint, fresh
- 1/2 cup(s) carrot(s)
1/2 cup(s) scallion(s) (green onions)
1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse grain in medium strainer; drain. Place in 2-qt. saucepan with chicken broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until water or broth is absorbed.
2. Transfer grain to large bowl.
3. Add tomatoes, cucumber, celery, parsley, mint, carrots, scallions, and garlic.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice, olive oil, and salt over salad. Mix to combine flavors.
5. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Video: Quinoa Salad
Ralph Lauren Introduces New Polo Label On His FallRunway
This Womans Before-and-After Accutane Photo Is Melting My Brain
The Must-See Looks from ELLE’s Women in Hollywood Celebration
Business Insider is hiring a paid politics editorial intern
How to Coordinate Discipline Among Caregivers
Jennifer Hudson Posted Bikini Photos on Instagram, and You Have to See How Amazing She Looks
Grandparents Rights in Florida
Gird Your Loins: Theres About to Be a New Fifty Shades of Grey Book
How to Figure Out the Type of Person You Should Date
Zucchini Pasta Caprese
SOPHNET. x Reyn Spooner Clothing