Are you planning a visit to Keukenhof 2018? I am very excited to share some information from the official opening of Keukenhof 2018. Keukenhof will open this Thursday to everyone but today we had the official opening party. After a warm welcome we were invited to walk the park with a guide before the official season opening was made.
Have a look how the park does look like and some information for your upcoming visit to Keukenhof.
As you can see the crocus are blooming in the park, for outdoor tulips it is still too cold and too early. But in the indoor pavilions you can see many different tulips in bloom.
Theme for 2018: Romance in Flowers
The theme of Keukenhof for 2018 will be Romance in Flowers. The Keukenhof garden is one of the most romantically places on earth during springtime. When all the spring flowers are in bloom the garden turns into a dreamy romantic spring mood.
Keukenhof was designed during the romantic period as an ornamental garden for Keukenhof castle. This big estate is situated at the other side of the road and can be visited (see more information here). Since 1950 every year over 7 million bulbs are planted by hand and a beautiful lush garden with flowerful views were created around the pond of Keukenhof. And a lot of people are proposed in this gorgeous romantic garden. The large tulip mosaic is set up in this theme as wel with the use of 50.000 bulbs. Have a look to the to see where everything is located.
New for 2018
Every year Keukenhof creates a couple of inspirational gardens in the same style as the theme of Keukenhof. Use these garden as an inspiration to style your own garden or balcony. Have a look at the new gardens of 2018:
- Cupid’s Garden – Will Cupid’s arrows touch you in this romantic garden? Pause at the ‘kissing gate’. Gaze into your secret lover’s eyes surrounded by red and white flowers.
- Holiday Romance Garden – Holidays, blue skies, sun and sea: the ingredients for love. A garden full of romantic corners for two. A tropical atmosphere under the palm trees, revelling in the sunny colours of the bulb flowers.
- Rob’s Oriental Romance – Keukenhof is a park to be enjoyed, yet it can also inspire ideas for your own home and garden. Rob Verlinden will create a very special garden in 2018: a romantic oriental garden.
- Rebel Garden – Anything and everything is permitted, enjoy your rebelliousness and ignore what other people think. There are no rules here. Wildly colourful, a humorous, fun look at gardening.
- Delft Blue Garden – Holland, water, windmills and, of course, Delft blue, the Netherlands at its purest with tulips. Lots of blue and white spring flowers with a dash of red here and there. Naturally, with loads of inspiration for your home!
- Hipster Garden – An edgy garden; this is his garden. The outdoor man cave. Spending time outdoors: hands in the soil, chopping wood, meat on the BBQ and a beer. A real man’s garden, for tough ladies too.
- Tea Garden – Every garden or balcony has room to grow something. A tea garden is really easy. So many plants to choose from: Swiss mint, lemon balm, camomile, chocolate mint, aniseed, verbena and many more. What could be more fun than a freshly made cup of tea from your own garden?
- Health Garden – Being outside in nature provides rest and relaxation. Luckily there are an increasing number of rooftop gardens at office blocks and hospitals. An hour outdoors in the sun does wonders. For the urbanites among us, consider creating a green space outdoors so you can breathe clean, fresh air, daily.
Tickets and Tours
Wishing all readers a lovely time while visiting the Keukenhof in the upcoming weeks!
Two story homes 2018
Brown eye makeup tumblr 2018
Evening dresses 2018
Golden rings for ladies 2018
Cute summer outfits with shorts polyvore
Traditional wedding dresses with sleeves 2018