Best Turkey CHILI Recipe | Affordable + Easy!
Turkey Black Bean Chili Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 17g||61%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Includes 1g Added Sugars||2%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep30 min, Cook360 min
Finding the time to make a healthy meal for your family is tough sometimes, especially with extracurricular activities. But this meal can provide you with a delicious outcome in minimal time. How is this possible?
First of all, you do your grocery shopping and prep in advance when you do have time. Secondly, you freeze all of the ingredients together in a freezer bag to defrost when needed. Third, you make a plan for when you need this meal. When you know which day of your week is in need of a quick meal, you put your freezer bag of ingredients into the refrigerator to defrost about two days in advance. On the morning that you require a quick and nutritious meal, you place the ingredients in the crockpot or slow cooker, cover it, turn it on low, and go.
The payoff? You come home to a house that smells of wonderful chili and know that you can feed your family in between all of the activities, homework, and club meetings. Some people enjoy making several recipes this way at one time with the goal of having a number of freezer meals available for during the week. This way, there is minimal grocery shopping and prep time required during the week.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 28-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ cup of frozen corn
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Label a freezer bag with the name of your recipe, the date, and the instructions of “Defrost in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.”
- If you have one, use a large plastic container to help your labeled bag stand as you add your ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to your labeled bag and freeze.
- When you would like to prepare this chili, allow your bag of ingredients to defrost in the refrigerator.
- Then add the contents of the bag to your slow cooker, put on the cover, and cook on low for six to eight hours or until your chili is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break apart the turkey, stir, and serve with shredded cheese and any other favorite chili toppings.
- For best results, use your freezer meal within three to four months.
Video: Turkey Chili - Easy One Pot Weeknight Meal Recipe
AnArtist Creates Honest Illustrations About Depression, and They’re SoDeep They Will Touch Everyone
12 Thoughts Every Girl Has During Doggy Style
Saying goodbye to a beloved cat
10 Long-Lasting Beauty Picks
Allergy Relief: Soothing Swollen Eyes
7Unusual Animal Stories That Will Melt Your Heart
You Can Now Buy Fake Doctors Notes To Score Sick Days
How to Draw a Food Web
7 reasons why coconut is the new superfood
14 Delicious Ways to Eat Superfoods
Schizophrenia – A Chronic Brain Disorder
MORE: Report: Anna Wintour Wants Lena Dunham On the Cover of Vogue